Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tragedy in the Backseat: Babies and Hot Car Deaths

I usually disagree with the values of Parenting Magazine, but I get it free in the mail so I read it from time to time. But the June issue had an important article that all parents need to read. It was about the deaths of babies that are left in cars, whether by accident or just to "run in and grab a coffee", etc. It happens more than you would believe, and as the article points out, more often by Mom's that are actually quite doting and very concerned with safety.

Please read it and employ some of the prevention techniques that they list. It could mean the difference between life and death.

I will say though, that all 3 of the examples used in the article were committed by Mom's that worked full time jobs and had their children in daycare. I don't know the full stats between stay-at-home moms and working moms that have had this happen, but I do wonder. And I know that single mom's don't have the choice of staying home, so of course there are special cases and exceptions.

But anyway, that's for another blog post...

Read the Parenting Article Here

No comments:

Post a Comment