Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Vaccinations: The Other Side of the Debate

I know the topic of vaccines is extremely volatile and hot on both sides. I am writing this because I think my side hardly gets told, and certainly not by the pediatricians. I will speak from my own experience, and also post the most compelling case against vaccines from an interview with a reputable board certified pediatrician in New York. This very interview is what put the nail in the coffin in my decision to not vaccinate Avery for the first year of her life (at least). The interview is long. I would suggest carving out an hour and listening, either while making dinner or cleaning around the house, etc. The hour is worth your time.

Let me first say that with the exception of the ONE and ONLY time Avery got vaccinated, she has never been sick. I am talking not even a SNIFFLE! She is 9 months now, and is as healthy as can be.

Avery had her first 2 month appointment, and I was totally confused as to what I wanted to do. So I only had her get the DTAP and Rotavirus. She promptly fell into a deep sleep for two hours, which by the way, I think is strange. Why is it normal for a dose of "perfectly healthy" ingredients to knock out a baby right away? Then again, why is it apparently normal to have an extremely high fever and seizures as a "side effect"? Really?! I'm sorry, but I refuse to think seizures are any sort of normal reaction. That's doing real harm.

So after a day of sleepiness, Avery woke the next day totally sick, with a horrible cough and cold. It lasted about 2 weeks. She was super healthy before the vaccinations, and all of the sudden she's sick? In the interview below, you will hear that there is research showing vaccines disable the immune system, so that the baby is actually MORE susceptible to getting sick. Hearing that and seeing it happen to Avery before my eyes was enough to convince me. I haven't looked back and she hasn't been sick since.

Now let me also point out that Avery has been exclusively breastfed for 8 months, and for the last month I have now added in organic bananas, avocados and sweet potatoes for dinner. You have to set up your kid to be healthy by putting healthy stuff if their body and especially avoiding toxic formula. (Look at the ingredients on a formula label if you don't believe me, its horrible stuff to put in a newborn baby) For the VERY FEW percentage that truly cannot breastfeed after seeing a lactation consultant, you can make your own formula. Look for organic recipes online.

Make sure the baby gets at least 15 minutes of direct sunlight with NO sunscreen for Vitamin D, which also is the number one protector against sickness and influenza (see my earlier post on this). Vitamin D cannot be made on the skin if sunscreen has been applied. Also consider buying your baby an organic mattress, since the conventional ones are filled with toxic and carcinogenic chemicals, which some say is linked to SIDS. (I personally think vaccinations are the cause of SIDS).

Here is the interview with Dr. Palevsky:

EXPERT PEDIATRICIAN EXPOSES VACCINE MYTHS

Love and healthy babies,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment